February 17, 2012

Grilled Bell Pepper Sauce


This is a sauce I created to coincide with the low-carb tortilla pizzas I love to make.  I will add pictures soon, but because I used this another recipe, I am going to post the basics.
Ingredients:

Core peppers, slice lengthwise, and remove white portions. I saved and dried the seeds in ziploc bags to plant in my garden this spring.

1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup olive oil

Seasoning: I usually season to taste depending on my mood.  For this batch I added salt, pepper, sugar substitute, paprika (lots), chili powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, and a little bit of mayo.

Directions:
  1. Use a stove top grill, the grill outside, or what I used is the Cuisinart Griddler, which I highly recommend.  It is easier than a George Forman grill, and you can basically cook anything on it.  Easy to clean.
  2. Toss peppers in olive oil and seasoning.  Place on grill.
  3. Grill until dark marks are present and fully cooked (about 6-8 minutes).
  4. Add peppers to food processor.
  5. Add remaining ingredients.
  6. Pulse, puree.
  7. Taste test, and add seasoning to taste.
  8. Refrigerate for one hour.
That's it!  It is delicious, and can be used in the low carb tortilla pizzas, as a sauce for fish, chicken, seafood, or pork.  The bell peppers have a natural sweetness which really adds great flavor to any meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment